New Marriage with Children from a Prior Relationship? New Children? Adopting More Children? We Can Help
Throughout our years servicing estate planning clients, we’ve seen repeatedly how blended families can get complicated and cause problems. We understand the importance of proper estate planning especially when families are blended.
Big life events that change the trajectory of your family such as divorces and remarriages are not decisions we make lightly, but when we do make those monumental decisions, it is important that we plan properly. Typical topics of concern are protecting assets from previous spouses and protecting your children from previous relationships.
If you or your spouse have children from a prior relationship, your estate could have grave consequences without proper planning. When joining families, we can update your estate plan or create an entirely new one to ensure you leave the right things to the right people, all while keeping the peace within the families.
Estate Planning Overview
At Steven Booker Law, we believe in proper and comprehensive estate planning tailored specifically to meet your and your family’s needs. Of course, we offer individual documents, but we advocate for complete planning through one of our package deals.
The Steven Booker Law Estate Planning Portfolio Binder
All our package deals come with an “Estate Planning Portfolio”. In this portfolio, you will have your estate plan neatly tabbed and organized along with the additional helpful sections provided for you to fill out and maintain organization of your estate for the convenience of your family.
In addition to having all your estate planning documents neatly organized and together, you will be provided with the following:
- Essential Documents: This section allows you to keep track of personal information, contact information for family members and for any other important persons or agencies as well as where all your important documents are.
- Assets: This section allows you to keep track of all your assets for the ease and convenience of your family. Much of the burden in estate administration comes from tracking down and locating all assets. By maintaining a list of your assets within your estate planning portfolio binder you are making life much easier for your loved ones.
- End-of-Life Instructions: This section provides a checklist of things to do upon your passing and it provides a basic template of things to do and letters to send to notify certain agencies of your passing.
- Q&A and Glossary: This section provides answers to the most frequently asked questions about estate planning, and it defines some common estate planning terms.
- Blank Sections: We provide blank sections for you to fill in as you see fit. If there are any type of instructions or information we have not accounted for in the above sections, this is where you would add those in.
Steven Booker Law’s Estate Planning System:
- Estate Planning Questionnaire: Quick and easy way for us to get a good understanding of your unique situation.
- Discovery Meeting: Understand your option and select the estate planning solution that is right for you.
- Signing Meeting: Review and sign your estate plan.
- Estate Plan Maintenance and Client Care: Enjoy calls, emails, and review meetings with our firm to make sure your plan remains up to date and accurately reflects your current circumstances.
We will be here for you as a trusted family attorney and counselor.
Estate Plan Maintenance and Client Care
As a client of ours, we encourage you to take advantage of the services we offer in support of estate plan maintenance and client care.
Our services go far beyond simply setting up a Will or Living Trust. Our team and our resources are also available through:
- Free phone calls
- Helpful videos
- Informative articles
The Cost of a Customized Estate Plan is Invaluable
All our estate plans are prepared for a fixed price quoted in advance at the discovery meeting and agreed to by you in writing before we finalize your plan. There will not be any surprise changes or fees ever. Additionally, payment plans are available if needed. We welcome the opportunity to serve those vital to our communities, including teachers, military service members, and first responders.
In the end, you will walk away with a comprehensive, customized estate plan tailored specifically to meet yours and your family’s needs. But more importantly, you walk away with the peace of mind knowing your affairs are in order and your family is provided for.
Contact a Wichita Falls Estate Planning Attorney
At Steven Booker Law, our desire is for our clients to understand all their options and make an educated decision.
You need to protect your loved ones from these outcomes by having a Will-based estate plan in place.
Do not delay! Plan for the inevitable and secure your family's future. Call us at 940-569-4000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, confidential, no obligation consultation.