“The Only Constant in Life Is Change.”
– Heraclitus, Ancient Greek Philosopher
Is It Time to Update Your Estate Plan?
Speaking with clients, we typically hear that they had a Will or Trust-based estate plan set up, “about 20 years ago” or “when the kids were young”. Now their children are grown, they may have grandchildren at this point, and their once effective plan has now become stale and ineffective.
Changes occur constantly throughout the course of a lifetime, whether planned or unplanned. Big events or unexpected chance can drastically alter the circumstances of your life, and you do not want an outdated estate plan dictating you or your assets. We can modify your estate plan to provide you with the peace of mind you need that comes with knowing your plan still accurately reflects your wishes given your current situation.
Modify and Update Your Estate Plan
Some of the changes in your life may make it necessary to modify or reform your estate plan:
- You no longer trust the person you have in charge of your Trust or finances
- You wish to change who received certain assets or how much they receive
- You wish to remove someone from receiving any inheritance from your estate
- You are getting married
- You are getting remarried and want to protect your children from your first marriage
- You are having a child
- Your minor child is now an adult
- You have a child or other family member with a disability that needs a special needs Trust
- You have recently moved to Texas or Oklahoma from another state
Estate Planning Overview
At Booker Law, we believe in proper and comprehensive estate planning tailored specifically to meet your and your family’s needs. Of course, we offer individual documents, but we advocate for complete planning through one of our package deals.
The Booker Law Estate Planning Portfolio Binder
All our package deals come with an “Estate Planning Portfolio”. In this portfolio, you will have your estate plan neatly tabbed and organized along with the additional helpful sections provided for you to fill out and maintain organization of your estate for the convenience of your family.
In addition to having all your estate planning documents neatly organized and together, you will be provided with the following:
- Essential Documents: This section allows you to keep track of personal information, contact information for family members and for any other important persons or agencies as well as where all your important documents are.
- Assets: This section allows you to keep track of all your assets for the ease and convenience of your family. Much of the burden in estate administration comes from tracking down and locating all assets. By maintaining a list of your assets within your estate planning portfolio binder you are making life much easier for your loved ones.
- End-of-Life Instructions: This section provides a checklist of things to do upon your passing and it provides a basic template of things to do and letters to send to notify certain agencies of your passing.
- Q&A and Glossary: This section provides answers to the most frequently asked questions about estate planning, and it defines some common estate planning terms.
- Blank Sections: We provide blank sections for you to fill in as you see fit. If there are any type of instructions or information we have not accounted for in the above sections, this is where you would add those in.
- USB Drive: We also understand the importance of having digital copies in this day and age, so we provide you with those digital copies on a USB drive.
Booker Law’s Estate Planning System
Estate Planning Questionnaire: Quick and easy way for us to get a good understanding of your unique situation.
Discovery and Strategic Planning Session: Understand your option and select the estate planning solution that is right for you.
Signing Meeting: Review and sign your estate plan.
Estate Plan Maintenance and Client Care: Enjoy calls, emails, and review meetings with our firm to make sure your plan remains up to date and accurately reflects your current circumstances.
We will be here for you as a trusted family attorney and counselor.
Estate Plan Maintenance and Client Care
As a client of ours, we encourage you to take advantage of the services we offer in support of estate plan maintenance and client care.
Our services go far beyond simply setting up a Will or Living Trust. Our team and our resources are also available through:
- Free phone calls
- Helpful videos
- Informative articles
The Cost of a Customized Estate Plan is Invaluable
All our estate plans are prepared for a fixed price quoted in advance at the discovery meeting and agreed to by you in writing before we finalize your plan. There will not be any surprise changes or fees ever. Additionally, payment plans are available if needed. We welcome the opportunity to serve those vital to our communities, including teachers, military service members, and first responders.
In the end, you will walk away with a comprehensive, customized estate plan tailored specifically to meet yours and your family’s needs. But more importantly, you walk away with the peace of mind knowing your affairs are in order and your family is provided for.
Contact a Wichita Falls Estate Planning Attorney
At Booker Law, our desire is for our clients to understand all their options and make an educated decision.
You need to protect your loved ones from these outcomes by having a Will-based estate plan in place.
Do not delay! Plan for the inevitable and secure your family's future. Call us at 940-569-4000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, confidential, no obligation consultation.