Unfortunately, Wichita Falls car wrecks are a common occurrence. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common causes of Wichita Falls car wrecks and the injuries that are associated with those accidents as well as how to conduct yourself when you are involved in any of those accidents.
Common Causes of Wichita Falls Car Wrecks
While most people may generally believe they are safe drivers, they are likely unaware of the unsafe behaviors they regularly engage in subconsciously. This is especially scary because it is these simple yet dangerous behaviors that cause many of the Wichita Falls car wrecks. It doesn’t always have to be blatantly dangerous behavior such as speeding or swerving. Often, these accidents are the result of more subtle behaviors such as texting or messing with something inside of the vehicle. While these subtle behaviors are something everyone should be more aware of, and should certainly try to change, some common cause of Wichita Falls car wrecks include:
- Distracted driving. Any behavior that takes your attention away from the road is dangerous. Operating vehicles at high rates of speed is an activity that we should all be actively engaged in. Our attention should be solely focused on the task at hand, which is operating the vehicle in a safe manner. There is no room for distractions including cell phones, food, radio, or even other passengers. Anyone that engages in any activity that takes their focus off the road is engaging in an activity that is putting everyone around them at risk and is increasing their chances of being involved in a Wichita Falls car wreck.
- Impaired driving. It goes without saying that operating a vehicle under the influence of a substance is a dangerous thing and leads to a lot of very serious Wichita Falls car wrecks that often result in very serious injuries and even deaths.
- Reckless driving. Reckless driving includes speeding, swerving, disregarding road signs, disregarding weather conditions, etc.
Injuries Associates with Wichita Falls Car Wrecks
Victims of Wichita Falls car wrecks vary from case to case with regard to the type of injuries and the severity of those injuries. However, some common Wichita Falls car wreck injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Breaks and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Head injuries including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spinal injuries
Obtaining Compensation for Wichita Falls Car Wreck Injuries
If you were injured in a Wichita Falls car wreck that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to compensation, including:
- Medical bills (past and present)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
Contact a Wichita Falls Car Wreck Lawyer
If you or anyone you know has been injured in a Wichita Falls car wreck, contact our office at 940-569-4000 or fill out our contact form to set up a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation. We will give you a free evaluation of your case and offer you helpful information for how to proceed.