When Should You Hire an Injury Lawyer After a Car Accident That Has Caused Injuries?
Car accidents can be traumatic experiences that really leave your world turned upside down, especially when you suffered serious injuries from the accident. The car accident itself is traumatic and stressful, but that stress only increases in the aftermath of the accident as you attempt to recover from your injuries, seemingly never-ending medical bills, and no income while you are off work recovering from your injuries.
Because of all the costs that naturally come along with being in a car wreck, many people are tempted to save money by dealing with the insurance companies themselves and settling their claim on their own, and this is fine in certain cases. However, in most car accidents in Texas and Oklahoma, you will need to help of our experienced personal injury attorney who can protect your rights and secure you the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. And the good news is in personal injury cases, you do not have to fork out any money to hire a lawyer because we work on what’s called a contingency fee, meaning you do not owe us anything unless we are able to obtain compensation for you. No upfront costs and we handle everything for you. All you have to focus on is healing from your injuries.
The cases when victims of accident do not need the help of an attorney and can settle their claim on their own are cases where the victims suffered minimal car damage and only suffered minor injuries that didn’t require any time off work. However, in the majority of cases, without a lawyer, you will be at a disadvantage. We say this because we deal with these insurance companies all the time. We know their tricks and their tactics and they are good at getting accident victims to settle for far below what their injury claim is actually worth. With an experience injury lawyer on your side, you level the playing field.
When to Call Our Office
If your situation is like any of the ones listed below, you need the assistance our accident and injury lawyer:
- Serious injuries (head, back, spine, neck, paralysis, loss of limbs, etc.). If you suffered serious injuries as a result of your accident such as the ones listed above among others, the value of your injury claim will be significantly higher than most. Likewise, You need the help of a lawyer who can accurately value your claim and who can handle the insurance companies properly to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
- Disability. Like serious injuries, when you’ve experienced either temporary or permanent disability, especially when this disability has forced you to either not work or make a career change, you need a lawyer. An additional element will be added to this type of claim as you may be entitled to lost income, loss of earning capacity, and long-term medical expenses as well as pain and suffering. All these elements will make your claim more difficult to settle on your own.
- Death. When a loved one is killed in an accident, the family members can bring forth a wrongful death claim. Like the others on this list, the seriousness and complexity of these claims call for the expertise of an experienced car accident lawyer.
- Truck accidents. If you were hit by a big commercial vehicle such as a semi-truck or tractor trailer, you will need a lawyer on your side who understands the federal regulations that these trucking companies and their drivers must adhere to. Additionally, truck accidents often involve serious injuries due to the size of the trucks.
- Low offers. When the insurance company offers you a settlement that you know is unfair, you need to retain a lawyer right away. Additionally, it’s a red flag if the adjuster makes an offer to you right after the wreck as this could be an attempt to get you to settle for less than what your claim is worth. It’s always good practice to seek the advice of an experience injury lawyer before you settle your claim. We will give you a free evaluation of your situation with no obligation to hire us.
- Disputes. In an attempt to avoid paying what your claim is worth, insurance companies will raise disputes either about the cause of the accident or about the seriousness of the victim’s injuries. An experienced accident lawyer will collect the evidence that is needed to prove your claim and convince the insurance company that their dispute doesn’t have any merit.
- Denials. Even when you have your ducks in a row and your injury claim seems strong, it could still be denied by the insurance company. If this happens, you should contact a personal injury lawyer immediately so they can protect your interests and file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Contact our Injury Law Firm Today
If you were injured in a car accident in Texas or Oklahoma, our firm is here to take over and use our expertise and resources to build a strong case against the at-fault driver and negotiate your claim with their insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury lawyer will protect your rights and handle everything for you.
Be sure to download the free PDF version of our book, The Traveler’s Guide to the Universe of Personal Injury, to learn all about personal injury cases.
Call our office today at 940-569-4000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
Keep in mind, the longer you wait, the more critical evidence becomes stale. Take action right away so evidence can be preserved, and your rights can be protected.